Short Term Stays or Respite are designed as a short term stay in an Assisted Living, Personal Care Home or Memory Care Community. Usually paying a daily rate. Some communities may require a minimum number of days to stay. This opportunity allows primary caregivers a break or gives the residents a trial stay to get acquainted with the community. This is ideal for residents who require assistance with everyday activities for example, meals, medication management, housekeeping, laundry or assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, dressing, grooming, medication reminders and medication management in a more independent, residential “home-like” environment than a traditional nursing home. *Click on Assisted Living, Personal Care Home or Memory Care to see all that is included.
Pricing & How It Is Covered
Private Pay – daily rate, Long Term Care Insurance & VA Benefits. Prices for respite vary with the residence, apartment size, and types of services needed. Prices ranging from $75 – 250 per day. Some communities also offer a discounted rate and have a Step Down Program from the hospital to get adjusted or go back home.
Note: Medicare or Medicaid benefits do not cover assisted living costs.
Services Typically Include
- 24-hour staffing
- 3 restaurant-style meals served in a community dining room
- Alzheimer’s care, secured communities
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s), such as eating, bathing, dressing, using the restroom, and walking
- Beauty and barber salon
- Caregiver support & groups
- Emergency call systems in the apartments
- Exercise & wellness programs
- Family engagement activities
- Health and medical services, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, home care, home health and hospice
- Housekeeping services
- Incontinence care
- Kitchens or kitchenettes in the apartment
- Laundry services
- Maintenance repairs
- Medication management
- Memory care for residents with cognitive impairments, such as memory care, dementia
- Offer a wide variety of non-medical services
- On-site physicians: dentist, in-house doctor, and podiatrist
- Personal laundry services
- Private 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
- Respite care or adult day care
- Social & activity programs
- Transportation to medical appointments and shopping
- Shared/companion, studio, private 1 and 2 bedroom apartments
- Special diets
- Support groups